The numerous benefits of wearing corsets are what attract thousands of women to this classic invention. The results are instantaneous as evidenced by a slimmer waist line upon wearing a corset and there are sought-after long term benefits to be expected as well. You will improve your posture, sculpt your figure and prevent any injury. Still not convinced? Let’s check out a long list of amazing physical benefits today.
1. Did you know that wearing corsets can strengthen your back and help you with injuries you have experienced in the past? Yes, wearing corsets is beneficial in this aspect. It also prevents osteoporosis and other disorders such as fibromyalgia and arthritis.
2. By correcting postures, corsets help people with scoliosis manage better and make the back curve less pronounced. After a long time of wearing corsets, scoliosis patients can observe a significant difference in their body structure. A man with plantar fasciitis felt much relief from pressure after wearing corsets for a couple of months.
3. One great benefit of corsets is the reduction of headaches since people who wear corsets often are inclined to improve their posture, which prevent the nerves from the spine to constrict. Communication of the spine and the brain becomes less obstructed which in turn causes less migraines.
4. We are stressing the importance of correct body posture in preventing lumbar injuries especially for people whose profession requires them to stand all day or do a lot of bending and lifting. Mechanics, nurses and carpenters experience back pains because of the nature of their work. When they wear corsets, it will gradually improve their physical support which in turn will enhance their endurance.
5. Corsets have been known to help prevent the weakening of joints experienced by those who have connective tissue disorders. By wearing corsets and improving their posture, they are less likely to encounter dislocation of joints and other physically altering injuries.
6. Wearing waist trainers like corsets have marvelous benefits including helping singers with their vocal exercises. During concerts, they can come in handy because they help singers reach higher notes by adding pressure to the diaphragm.
7. Asthmatic people can benefit greatly from using corsets because proper posture improves the opening of the lungs which allows breathing to be free and consistent. Ask your physician regarding this benefit before you do engage in waist training so that you will know if your body can handle it and if your health will be affected for the better.
8. A lot of women are thankful to corsets for alleviating the pain of menstrual cramps when they are on their period. It is quite a relief to them when they are in the office and not have to worry about experiencing pain while working. When wearing the corset, the framing puts pressure on the midsection including the peritoneal organs which help with uterine contractions. This kind of pressure significantly relieves pain in the midsection area.
9. Since corsets add pressure on the abdomen and somewhat acts as a girdle, you can expect abdominal hernias to be prevented. It is best to consult your doctor before using corsets as a way of avoiding abdominal hernias from getting worse. Our bodies differ and you might not be allowed to do this in your situation. It depends on what your body can handle and your doctor can help you determine this.
10. Wearing corsets is not only a preventive measure for injuries. It can also be an aid as a healing agent for abdominal injuries that are a lot worse especially the ones experienced after a car accident. The muscles in the abs region are strengthened on the external level which in reality can stop them from collapsing.
11. For women who have given birth, there are special types of corsets that can be used to help with diastasis recti or what is commonly referred to as the separation of muscles in the midsection which occur when pregnant women are in the late stages of gestation. As a safety precaution, you can inquire about this subject with your OB because he/she can better explain this in detail.
12. More than just the physical benefits of weight loss for people, wearing corsets can alter the psychological perception of people about their body. When they wear corsets, they feel thinner which motivates them to use corsets often. The weight loss occurs when the corsets prevent the midsection from getting bigger. People who wear corsets are less likely to overeat so the big picture will naturally show a much more in control person who experienced significant weight loss overtime.
13. You can thank your parents for giving you the body you need but sometimes, it might need some altering so you can possess a body with an hourglass shape. Women who were prescribed to use steroids due to their medical condition will find it challenging to lose weight and get a better body but wearing corsets can give them hope. Through hard work, they can achieve a figure that they will feel comfortable and proud of.
14. People with ultra-fast metabolic rate also have problems gaining the necessary weight in order to get an hourglass figure. They may experience disorders such as hyperthyroidism. If they just wear corsets for a specific period of time, they will be able to eat better and the weight gain can be targeted to specific areas in the body through the framing of the corsets.
15. It is not just celebrities who are looking at the great benefits of wearing corsets, so do athletes in different fields of sports. Swimming coaches have encouraged their swimmers to wear waist trainers so they will have a better and more competitive form. Some swimmers who have already retired are also getting rid of their barrel chest through corset training. Athletes such as runners and body builders are noticing the benefits of wearing corsets on a regular basis and they have incorporated them in their warm up exercises as well.
16. Corsets are not just for women but for everybody. Transgender women have the male body configuration but by wearing corsets, their midsection can be cinched which will then give them a feminine waist. They will feel better about themselves if they have the female form that, in their minds, is really the right body for them. It will boost their self-confidence and help them become more ready to face the world.
17. There are many male models who use corsets with a masculine configuration or boning structure. They want a more definite physique and this is possible by wearing corsets regularly. These custom-made corsets give the opposite effect of an hourglass figure. After using them, the bodies morph semi-permanently and give them the appearance of Greek gods.
18. Can you imagine that corsets actually help people have more regular bowel movements? The plethora of physical and health benefits that corsets bring is amazing. Since corsets control the external midsection, this has significant effects in the intestines as well as the other parts of the excretory system.
Most of the physical benefits of wearing corsets are on the health side and it is good to see a licensed health practitioner or your family doctor regarding these benefits. Corset training is a great innovation of human beings and with the proper guidance; it can give you benefits that may affect your entire life in a positive way.